Tuesday, April 1, 2014

4 months + 1 week post-enhancement

I figured it's about time to update this blog again with my progress.  I'm happy to report that I can still read the 20/20 line on my chart and faintly make out the 20/15.     Unfortunately I forgot to go to my next follow-up visit and I never bothered to make a new appointment.   Stay tuned for that update.

It has only been within the last few weeks that I've noticed improvements with my tear ducts.   Apparently the 4 month mark is the sweet spot for nerve improvement.   With this in mind I expect my vision to also have subtle improvements.    I still need to add drops a few times a day but I've actually gone almost an entire day abstaining having only minimal discomfort.     Taking 2 weeks off from work helped that alot but a 13 hr road trip in a car did not.   Also I'm starting to use 0.25% carboxymethylcellulose drops instead of the 1% or 0.5% ones.  I feel as though it takes less these days and those gel drops were kindof uncomfortable.   Good days and bad days.   Being in  large climate-controlled warehouses or box-stores still isn't so fun.

Now I'd like to talk about a concept called "lasik 20/20".   From reading various postings on USAeyes.org I realized that a conclusion about lasik has been made- that it isn't a perfect technology.   Vision quality is very subjective and many different paramaters determine what 'perfect vision' is.    Although I can read the 20/20 line with ease, it isn't crystal "glasses"  clear.  Nor are various road signs while driving.   I don't know that it's even possible to improve that nor would I want to go through with the procedure again.    I'm hoping the next 6 months will bring even more improvements in that regard.

Despite the shortcomings, my depth perception is amazing compared to before.     What I'm acclimating to the most now is being grateful.  I have to remind myself how things used to look and what has happened.   That attitude alone I feel can make me see clearer.    Also - I found out that I can see slightly better than my 56 year old dad can with his glasses on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment